I have set up this blog to keep you updated on my campaign.
But also, if you know me, and would like to 'endorse' me, I would be very grateful. Perhaps your photo and a short blog on how you know me or are aware of any of my achievements, however small they may seem, it would be very much appreciated. Please click here to visit or return to my website. Thanks!

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Here we go!

The start of a new adventure.

I went to a Hansard Society debate at the House of Commons last night. "Independent MPs - what can they bring to Parliament?" Dr Richard Taylor MP for. Chris Mullins MP against.

Chris Mullins was concerned that votes cast for an Independent MP might let in a diametrically opposed party. 'The law of unintended consequences'.

My feeling is the more committed to a Party one is, the more one will be concerned about this issue yet, in Battersea, at the last Election, Labour got in with only 25% of the total electorate (so 75% did not vote for the winner). The Conservatives got 24% of the vote, so they didn't even muster a majority between them!

As an Independent candidate, I hope I can do a better job for the 'losing' majority - if I can persuade them to vote at all.

My major concern is that most people are so hacked off with MPs and the whole, sick Party system that they won't bother.

Maybe we should go with the Australians and make it A LAW for people to vote?

After all, many noble women and 'ethnic minorities' gave their lives for the right to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment